M.U.J.E.R. and its partners know that it takes more than one agency to efficiently address all the needs of a community. We understand the importance of having strong partnerships to ensure all of our clients receive comprehensive services that ultimately make a positive difference in individuals, families, and communities.
Safe Families Partnership Network (SFPN)
Comprehensive services to victims of domestic and or sexual assault through a coordinated service delivery network consisting of more than 15 agencies. Full care coordination, family team conferencing, counseling, group therapy, legal advocacy and court representation, safety planning, support groups, 911 on-call advocacy, victim advocacy, civil legal services, immigration services for victims of crime, filing of victims compensation, and emergency financial services some of the services provided. 30, 60 and 90-day follow up services are provided as an added support. Services are provided from MUJER’s One Stop Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Center, and the City of Homestead Project SOS. A centralized database is maintained of all clients receiving services from SFPN.
Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)
A SART is a community‐wide multidisciplinary coordinating group that promotes a comprehensive response to victim/ survivors of sexual violence. MUJER is a co-founder and current partner of the Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Council (DV/SAC) of Greater Miami’s Sexual Assault Response Team (SART). This partnership provides comprehensive immediate, short-term, and long-term support to victims living throughout the county. Is made up of: advocates, law enforcement entities, state attorneys office, medical forensic staff and other programs that support victim/survivors of sexual violence.
Victim/survivors can access the SART by:
- Calling the police (911),
- Being referred
- Contacting a certified sexual assault center and/or 24/7/365 helpline,
MUJER: 305/247-1388 (main office) or 305/763-2459 (helpline);
27112 South Dixie Highway, Naranja, FL 33032
(Monday through Friday 8 am to 6 pm – no appointment necessary)
RTC:305/585-5185 (main office) or 305/585-7273 (helpline);
1611 NW 12th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
(@ Jackson Memorial Hospital 24/7/365)
Note: All primary and secondary victim/survivors can access services from both certified centers even if he or she decides not to report their abuse to the police.
How the SART benefits our communities
- Ensuring victims have the best and most comprehensive services available
- Helping bring perpetrators to justice
- Providing a forum for discussion and problem solving for service providers, investigators, and prosecutors
- Assisting communities in creating coherent and effective protocols
- Informing professionals about emerging technologies in forensic science, including toxicology and biology (DNA) where there are continuing advances and improvements in the techniques and processes being employed
- Improving communication and fostering a good working relationship amongst agencies
- Improve access to trained sexual assault advocates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
GTEA (Grants To Encourage Arrest)
In partnership with Miami Dade County, MUJER has a full-time advocate at the South Dade Justice Center (Courthouse) that provides direct assistance to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and/or stalking to obtain a protection order.